Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thesis, Got it!, German Culture

1. Found a few books related to my thesis topic. Now that I have my topic established, I really need to get going on it. My defense/proposal is due next Tuesday which needs to be in Power Point and 30 minutes in length. The books aren't master pieces but it will give me a good start.

2. After struggling with the readings for one of my classes, I finally understood what was being said. Well, that's after the teacher explained it. It was like a light bulb went on in my head. *click*

3. I learned some interesting facts about German Culture through one of the international students. For example, furniture is not to be moved and is to stay in one place. Unlike here in America where we tend to move chairs and such for better view. Also, anyone who is in your peripheral vision is automatically included in your personal space. This includes at work in the office. If you can see them, that means they are in your office. In America, we have a boundary which is usually set at the door. Someone could be standing outside your door talking to you but they are not "in your office". Everyday I spend with the international students, I feel like I'm traveling the world.

No comments: