Monday, November 12, 2007

Lunch, Famous, Hope

1. I had a nice lunch with Red today. He told me all about his evening going out last night and such. I've been very down lately so hanging out and chatting with him was a real mood lifter for me. I feel fortunate to have him as a good friend.

2. Today I confronted 4 hearing graduate students as to why they were talking in the Marketplace without signing when we were surrounded by deaf people. One of the girls gave attitude and I had about a 5 minute confrontation with her about it. Eventually her and her friends left. The sad part about it is this girl is a 1st year graduate student in the Interpreting program. With that attitude of hers, she will not get far in her career. Anyway, word has gotten around and I'm now famous on campus for being the one to do the confrontation. I'm quite proud of myself :)

3. I had a conversation with two good friends of mine about a recent breakup I went through last week. Their advice and positiveness made me feel better about my situation as I've been non-functional since it happened. They gave me hope and made me feel better about myself. I feel lucky to have people who care about me.

No comments: