Thursday, July 5, 2007

4th Of July

1. Work today went by very smoothly which is making me suspicious. Doesn't matter because I got out of work early which is always a plus. It gave me enough time to go home, change, and get to downtown to meet up with Islandgirl.

2. Seeing Islandgirl tonight was wonderful. It felt so good to see her and I realized I missed her very much. She has become one of my close friends at school who doesn't judge me and supports me in every thing I do. She is a strong independent single mother who I look up to. She's been through a lot and now she's a full time grad student with a 7yr old son. I admire her strength and courage for going to school and trying to raise her son on her own. She's so funny and we have such a good time together. What's cool is that we're the exact same age so we're past all the 20's crap. It felt good chatting with her and getting caught up on our summers.

3. The fireworks were just beautiful! I wish the program wasn't so short. I could've stayed out for hours watching all those colors.

No comments: